Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the world with about six people who die every hour from this disease.
Medical research conducted in the last 50 years has allowed us to identify the conditions that favor the onset of heart disease. These conditions are known as coronary risk factors and the most important are the following:
- Increase in blood cholesterol.
- Elevation of blood pressure.
- Smoking cigarettes.
- Having Diabetes Mellitus (excess blood sugar).
- Physical inactivity.
- Obesity and excess weight.
It is very important to know these factors because now we know that avoiding or controlling them properly can greatly reduce the chances of developing coronary artery disease or avoid another heart attack.
Not exercising regularly increases the risk of developing obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, increased cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. All these conditions increase the chance of having a heart attack.
How to keep a Healthy Heart:
There is much you can do to help yourself and avoid another problem in your heart. Start the following changes today that will keep you active for a long time.
- Eat a healthy diet. Adapt to your day to day a healthy and balanced eating plan able to meet your daily needs.
- If you are over kilos, lose weight.
- Choose and develop your exercise program. Use at least 30 minutes a day of your time to exercise and favor your health.
- If you smoked, forget about the cigarette.
- If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, follow your doctor's instructions to achieve good control.
- Learn to manage stress. You can not control all these stressful situations in your life (problems at work, driving in heavy traffic, excessive tasks, untimely breakdown of the car), but with the help, you can change the way you handle them emotionally and psychologically.