Yoga is an ancient practice with benefits such as:
- Improves brain activity: improves oxygenation, concentration and memory.
- Improves muscle function and reduces chronic pain such as low back pain.
- It maintains systolic and diastolic blood pressure in balance, therefore in hypertensive people it reduces the need for antihypertensive medication.
- Improves bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthmatic and allergic people
- Reduces levels of stress, anguish and helps maintain adequate emotional stability
- By reducing stress, it reduces hyperglycemia levels and controls decompensations in people with diabetes mellitus.